Purpose: The Activities Director coordinates school athletic activities to avoid scheduling conflicts and ensures rewarding experiences for students. To accomplish these tasks the Activities Director must work closely with the staff and administration of East Union Community School, and with the staff of other school systems.
Responsible to: Superintendent
Payment rate: According to negotiated agreement
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- Current State Teaching Certificate on file in the central office.
- Desire to continue career improvements.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires some travel.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Coordinate and supervise athletic and extra-curricular activities at district, league, state, and other levels.
- Ensure that all school athletic and extra-curricular activities conform to state activity association guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with members of the school district and community.
- Work effectively with booster club, club sponsors and community.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Appropriately operate all equipment and machinery related to specific job duties.
- Support the value of an education.
- Support the philosophy and mission of East Union Community School.
- Secure calendar dates for all school athletic and extra-curricular activities and clear at all levels before submitting for approval.
- Keep abreast of current regulations in the state activity association manuals.
- Mail all state activity association forms from the supply book. (Including eligibility sheets, contracts for events, contracts for officials, submit purchase orders for entry fees, etc.).
- Schedule and secure contracts for all athletic activities.
- Secure officials for all events.
- Supervise home and away activities as needed.
- Work with coaches and club sponsors in setting up activity budgets and establishing priority items to be ordered, and submit budgets and purchase order for approval.
- Assist coaches and club sponsors in setting up school hosted activities.
- Submit purchase orders for school awards for all athletic and extra-curricular activities.
- Keep the Principal and coaches and sponsors informed of dates and locations for activities sponsored by state activity association.
- Secure transportation requests for all events, check school calendar for conflicts, check leaving and return times and special needs.
- Work directly with the booster clubs and club sponsors on projects pertaining to school activities.
- Check rosters from visiting school athletic teams and extra-curricular organizations and provide program information to activities secretary.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal or other Administrative Staff.
Board Adopted _August, 2009_ Revised____May 2014_______________