This series of the board policy manual is devoted to the goals and objectives for the delivery of the education program. The board's objective in the design, contents and the delivery of the education program is to provide an equal opportunity for students to pursue an education free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, socioeconomic status, disability, religion, or creed.
In providing the education program of the school district, the board will strive to meet its overall goal of providing the students an opportunity to develop a healthy social, intellectual, emotional, and physical self-concept in a learning environment that provides guidance and encourages critical thinking in students.
In striving to meet this overall goal, the objectives of the education program are to provide students with an opportunity to:
- Acquire basic skills in obtaining information, solving problems, thinking critically and
- communicating effectively;
- Become effective and responsible contributors to the decision-making processes of the
- social and political institutions of the community, state and nation;
- Acquire entry-level job skills and knowledge necessary for further education;
- Acquire the capacities for a satisfying and responsible role as family members;
- Acquire knowledge, habits and attitudes that promote personal and public health, both
- physical and mental;
- Acquire an understanding of ethical principles and values and the ability to apply them to
- their own lives;
- Develop an understanding of their own worth, abilities, potential and limitations; and,
- Learn and enjoy the process of learning and acquire the skills necessary for a lifetime of continuous learning and adaptation to change.
A School Improvement Advisory Committee comprised of representatives of the school district community and the school district is appointed to make recommendations for the goals and objectives of the education program. Annually, this committee will report to the board regarding progress toward achievement of the goals and objectives of the education program.
The goals and objectives of the school district are designed to achieve the philosophy statement of the school district. Short-term and long-term objectives for the education program are established annually by the board. These objectives will reflect the results of the needs assessment, recommendation of the advisory committee, recommendations from the superintendent, and changes in law.
Approved 6-16-03 Reviewed 11-19-07 1-15-13 4-29-12 11-21-16 3-18-19 11-22-21 Revised 2-16-09