East Union Community School District
Title: East Union After School Site Coordinator
Building/Department Assignment: East Union Primary Center
Reports to: East Union School and Community Resource Coordinator & Principal
After School Site Coordinator will be actively involved with all aspects of on-site supervision of school-age children and the development of after school programming.
High School diploma or advanced degree required.
General Duties and Responsibilities;
- Develop a positive and supportive relationship with staff, parents and children involved in the after school program.
- Design and implement developmentally appropriate activities for students (K-5).
- Create a safe and nurturing environment for all students.
- Supervise student assistants, program associates and volunteers in a positive and effective manner.
- Assist Program Coordinator in developing staff schedules and monthly activity calendars.
- Communicate and regularly collaborate with teachers, principals, counselors, and parents to ensure student success.
- Maintain accurate daily records of enrollment, attendance, activities, snacks, etc.
- Plan and provide activities consistent with the school day curriculum to build upon areas for academic improvement.
- Provide a variety of experiences to achieve a well-rounded education, incorporating music, art and cultural activities.
- Continue to research and seek out the best materials, resources, and practices for school-age programming.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and all required trainings.
- Incorporate a community service component.
- Oversee the distribution of daily snacks.
- Provide written items/articles for monthly newsletter.
- Create partnerships with area agencies, organizations, and businesses.
- Responsible for other related duties as assigned by Director
Shall conform to all equity rules and regulations relating to nondiscrimination on the basis of gender, race, creed, national/ethnic origin, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
Created ___July 2010
Board Adopted ______________