East Union Technology Coordinator
The East Union Technology Coordinator demonstrates that he/she meets the following standards and criteria:
STANDARD 7. ENGAGES IN PROFESSIONAL GROWTH.
a. Demonstrates habits and skills of continuous inquiry and learning.
b. Works collaboratively to improve professional practice and student learning.
c. Applies research, knowledge, and skills from professional development opportunities to improve practice.
d. Establishes and implements professional development plans based upon the teacher needs aligned to the Iowa Teaching Standards and district/building student achievement goals.
STANDARD 8. FULFILLS PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES ESTABLISHED BY THE SCHOOL DISTRICT.
a. Adheres to board policies, district procedures, and contractual obligations.
b. Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct as defined by state law and individual district policy.
c. Contributes to efforts to achieve district and building goals.
d. Demonstrates an understanding of and respect for all learners and staff.
e. Collaborates with students, families, colleagues, and communities to enhance student learning.
The job of the Technology Coordinator also includes the following responsibilities:
- Assist with documents associated with Technology funding (E-rate, grants)
- Monitor wireless access points
- Monitor server
- Monitor firewall alerts (i.e.,web-sites that students attempt to access that are inappropriate)
- Re-image computers
- Troubleshoot non-working computers/printers/servers
- Chair/co-chair technology committee meetings on a regular basis
- Update technology inventory list with new and discarded inventory
- Troubleshoot printer problems
- Research and study data concerning methods of implementing up-to-date technology to keep staff and students moving towards 21st Century technology
- Purchase/stock/replace printer cartridges
- Assist staff and students with software and hardware
- Plan/implement technology professional development
- Update computers
- Attend area technology meetings to learn new ideas and collaborate with fellow technology directors/coordinators
- Attend professional development and training sessions for hardware and software implementation
- Keep administration informed of current technology needs
- Coordinate and maintain the district’s technology purchases.