East Union Early Childhood Center
Nutrition/Food Service Staff Member
Title: Nutrition/Food Service Assistant
Reports to: ECC Center Director and Site Coordinator
- Completion or in process of completion, of approved Food Service Short Courses, as deemed necessary by CACFP and the Director
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Can work in warm and cold conditions
- Have manual and mental dexterity to handle kitchen equipment
- Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Must be courteous and cooperative with manager, employers, employees, students, and school staff
- Able to read and comprehend recipes and directions
- Ability to quantitatively increase or decrease amount served based on numbers of students
Reports to: Director and Site Coordinator
Status _____Full Time _____Part Time _____Hourly
1. Responsible for knowing weekly schedule.
- Determines what food preparation and disbursement is needed based on menu
- Performs scheduled job in a quick and efficient manner.
- Looks for work to do, plans ahead to see what needs to be done, and uses own initiative to get this work done; unless otherwise directed
2. Responsible for preparing, cooking and/or baking food when needed and organizing and dispersing on a daily bases.
- Sets out Breakfast in each room (as needed)
- Cleans up Breakfast
- Takes lunch count and calls in
- Determines what supplies are required for food preparation
- Obtains lunch from lunchroom and any supplies needed
- Prepares food when needed
- Has meals prepared and or out on schedule
- Responsible for the economical operation of the kitchen
3. Responsible for knowing how to use equipment and in cleaning kitchens, and all equipment on the designated schedule.
- Maintains kitchen equipment by daily cleaning, washing and sterilizing all dishes, silverware, utensils, countertops, carts, and garbage containers
- Monthly or more often if needed - cleaning of all oven vents and fans
- Performs major cleaning of kitchen, storage area, and all equipment at least twice a year.
- Knows and works in a safe, proper and efficient manner with kitchen equipment
- Knows and follows proper hygiene in the wearing of jewelry, hair nets, no polish, clothing, shoes, gloves and aprons; follows safety in food temperature and equipment usage and sanitation in hand washing, self and all job areas
- Performs cleaning of refrigerators twice a week or as needed.
4. Responsible for inventory.
- Records all food items in or out of storeroom or freezers
- Checks and verifies food shipments in absence of food Site Coordinator
- Assists with a weekly, monthly and yearly inventory
- Assumes responsibility for using oldest dated food products first
5. Responsible for seeing kitchen laundry is done.
- Daily laundry that is to be washed and dried
- Daily laundry to be folded and put away
6. Responsible for keeping to assigned schedule.
- Notification of sickness one hour before job begins to insure time for finding sub
- Notification of illness on a daily basis and if a long term illness is determined, on a weekly basis
- Punctual in arrival time, ready to work, and works efficiently until hours have been met, few absences
- Receives prior approval for all absences from Director (except daily sickness leave and “that day” emergency requests) and turns in leave form
- Responsible for daily clocking in and out
- Keeps non-working conversation to a minimum
7. Essential Functions
- Works with a cheerful, helpful and open-minded attitude
- Communicates and works effectively with individuals/departments of the school district and community.
- Works effectively with community organizations
- Supports the philosophy and mission of East Union Early Childhood Center
- Ability to get along with and have a positive effect on others. Able to accept directions, changing situations, and work assignments
- Dependable in utilizing time appropriately and follows all work rules and policies. Exemplifies good work habits for other employees
- Regularly demonstrates physical, mental, and emotional ability to perform assigned duties
- Dresses in appropriate attire, giving special attention to cleanliness, neatness and general grooming
- Shows initiative in willingness to assume responsibility by being able to determine priority in work schedule
- Ability to plan constructively for future events, needs or changes. (Example: 1. Create or try new products. 2. Try new ways of doing job
8. Responsible for other related duties.
Responsible for other related duties as assigned by Director and or Site Coordinator.
Shall conform to all equity rules and regulations relating to nondiscrimination on the basis of gender, race, creed, national/ethnic origin, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
Created ____October 2014_______
Board Adopted ____ ___