East Union Success Coordinator
The East Union Success Coordinator demonstrates that he/she meets the following Iowa Teaching Standards and criteria:
IOWA TEACHING STANDARDS
STANDARD 1. DEMONSTRATES ABILITY TO ENHANCE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AND SUPPORT FOR AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT'S STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT GOALS.
a. Provides evidence of student learning to students, families, and staff.
b. Implements strategies supporting student, building, and district goals.
c. Uses student performance data as a guide for decision making.
d. Accepts and demonstrates responsibility for creating a classroom culture that supports the learning of every student.
e. Creates an environment of mutual respect, rapport, and fairness.
f. Participates in and contributes to a school culture that focuses on improved student learning.
g. Communicates with students, families, colleagues, and communities effectively and accurately.
STANDARD 5. USES A VARIETY OF METHODS TO MONITOR STUDENT LEARNING.
b. Communicates assessment criteria and standards to all students and parents.
c. Understands and uses the results of multiple assessments to guide planning and instruction.
d. Guides students in goal setting and assessing their own learning.
e. Provides substantive, timely, and constructive feedback to students and parents.
f. Works with other staff and building and district leadership in analysis of student progress.
STANDARD 7. ENGAGES IN PROFESSIONAL GROWTH.
a. Demonstrates habits and skills of continuous inquiry and learning.
b. Works collaboratively to improve professional practice and student learning.
c. Applies research, knowledge, and skills from professional development opportunities to improve practice.
d. Establishes and implements professional development plans based upon the teacher needs aligned to the Iowa Teaching Standards and district/building student achievement goals.
STANDARD 8. FULFILLS PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES ESTABLISHED BY THE SCHOOL DISTRICT.
a. Adheres to board policies, district procedures, and contractual obligations.
b. Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct as defined by state law and individual district policy.
c. Contributes to efforts to achieve district and building goals.
d. Demonstrates an understanding of and respect for all learners and staff.
e. Collaborates with students, families, colleagues, and communities to enhance student learning.
The job of the Success Coordinator also includes the following responsibilities:
- Schedule and facilitate General Education Intervention Team meetings
- Case manage students who are brought to the General Education Intervention Team
- Schedule and facilitate HEART meetings
- Assign and supervise Service Learner students’ placements
- Serve on the East Union Eagle Ties Advisory Board
- Communicate with parents as needed
- Be students’ advocate with teachers as needed
- Support classroom teachers when working with challenging students
- Be available to students who need personal/social/emotional assistance
- Assist families who request or need help by referring them to the appropriate agencies
- Communicate with AEA building representative(s)
- Facilitate groups as needed
- Attend IEP meetings and communicate goals and interventions to General Education teachers
- Assist with transition plans for students in Special Education programs
- Work with Workforce Investment Act/Iowa Workforce Development agencies as needed to assist students
- Assist with interventions that facilitate student’s academic success and social/emotional health